Saturday, May 16, 2009

#feedjen Project

Having traveled extensively and particularly around Asia I have found that the things I miss the most about home are TV and comfort food. Recently I mentioned on Twitter that I was about to eat a can of Chef BoyRDee Ravioli and @radiojen responded that she wasn't able to buy things like Mac & Cheese or Chef BoyRDee and that she could really use a care package. I know what Jen is feeling from my own personal experience so I offered to send her some stuff. She replied that it would be very expensive to send her a package in Singapore. I went and looked at a few shipping sites and it turns out a 7 pound package would cost about $120 to send. Not being one to give up and always up for a challenge I decided to try and find a way to get Jen a care package with some comfort food from home and that is how you came to be reading this today.

I have come up with 2 basic scenarios..I am completely open to any ideas or suggestions on other strategies.

OBJECTIVE: Get boxes of Kraft Mac and Cheese and Cans of Chef BoyRDee Raviolis to Jen in Singapore.

Plan #1: Find someone going to Singapore soon that would be willing to carry a few extra items for Jen.

Plan #2: I have started a fund for shipping.

Click to Donate

Please donate whatever you feel like. You will simply be participating in a random act of global kindness. I will buy the groceries if we can raise enough for shipping.

Jen has created a hashtag #feedjen for anyone who would like to follow along!

Have a wonerful Day!
@enoxh

No comments: